The Cathedral of St. Helena was built in 1908 and modeled after the Votivkirche in Vienna, Austria. Saint Helena's stained-glass windows were fabricated and installed by the F.X. Zettler firm of Munich, Germany. Once done, they claimed that Saint Helan's 37-window installation surpassed anything they previously made in their first 50 years.
Saint Helena's first mass was celebrated on Christmas Day in 1914.
The Durable Slate Company will be providing repairs to the 100+ year old Ludowici French clay tile roof. Broken or missing tiles will be replaced, and all loose tiles will be re-fastened. In addition, the copper standing seam roof on the south side of the church will be replaced with a 20-ounce copper roof. Due to the height of the church, a crane will be needed to reach the tile and copper.