The Durable Slate Company takes the safety of our employees and customers very seriously. As an essential business, we are still providing necessary repair and restoration services throughout the Eastern United States and Washington D.C.
We are here to help with your historic roofing repair needs, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Contact us to schedule your free estimate*.
Our top priority is preserving the health and well-being of our customers and employees. To this end, we have formed a dedicated Health and Safety team to guarantee prompt action in the event of new information or government policy.
Following recommendations and protocols from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), as well as state and local governments, The Durable Slate and Restoration Companies are enacting and enforcing the following standards for our office staff and field workers:
- All employees must wash their hands frequently in accordance with CDC standards.
- Additionally, all employees must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer and nitrile gloves before touching any common surface (light switches, doorknobs, etc.)
- Common surfaces will be disinfected no fewer than three times daily at regular intervals.
- Contact with common surfaces, equipment, or materials must be kept at a minimum.
- All production trucks will be sanitized each morning, each day, at minimum, before going to any job site.
- All field trucks will have a hand washing station available.
- All employees will adhere to social distancing requirements of six feet or more wherever possible. Otherwise, N-95 masks must be worn whenever recommended distances cannot be maintained or as desired by that employee.
- Before reporting to work, all employees must take their temperature. In the event of a reading above 100.4 degrees, that employee is to notify their direct senior and remain home until their temperature is below 100.4 degrees – without the aid of medication – for at least 72 hours.
- As new information becomes available and recommendations change, new procedures will be evaluated and implemented by the Health and Safety team.
As well as the above, administrative and sales staff are working in staggered shifts, split between work-from-home and office, to create more space to work and make social distancing more effective.
We encourage anyone in need of our repair or restorations services to contact us for scheduling. However, we understand that rapid changes mean frequent and unavoidable disruption to your own schedule. If you need to reschedule, please contact us to make any necessary changes. Safety is our chief concern and we will do our best to work within your schedule to maximize your well-being without sacrificing quality of service.
For customers with a scheduled evaluation, please be aware of the following additional field procedures:
- Our estimators will no longer enter your residence or business. In the event of a leak or internal damage, we may request pictures to best assess the damage and prepare an accurate quote.
- Unfortunately, we cannot shake your hand, and must adhere to social distancing requirements of 6 ft or more.
- In person contact will be greatly restricted.
- If possible, virtual meetings (Facetime, Google Duo or Hangouts, Skype, Zoom, etc.) are a great way to get us the information we need without risking anyone’s safety.
- As always, estimates are free to property owners, churches, public and private institutions, and corporations. Under unusual circumstances, a logistics fee might be necessary. Please contact us for more details.
- Safety is our focus and always has been. Any customer that feels unsafe is encouraged to contact us to reschedule or make other arrangements as needed.
We will go to exceptional lengths to protect our customers and employees without sacrificing the award-winning quality of service we are best known for. Working together, we can navigate these uncharted times safely, and we thank you for your support.