The architectural sheet-metal division of The Durable Slate Company fabricated the standing-seam canopy over the entry of Mack Hall at the Ohio State University in Columbus.
Composed of 16-ounce copper, double-locked panels, the concave canopy was designed to echo the standing-seam roof atop the four-story building. This project was part of a major renovation of the roofs and gutter system which restored these features of the building to their original appearance.
Mack Hall was built to address the need for dormitory accommodations for female students back in 1922. Named after John T. Mack, an Ohio native who published and edited the Sandusky Register, the building provided lodgings for 165 women. It remains in use as a dormitory today.