John Chan, a principal of The Durable Slate Company, is a roof consultant certified by Haag Engineering. John is certified in all types of steep roofing including slate, tile, metal, wood, and composition, as well as commerical flat roofing. This certification also covers damage caused by hail, wind, and storm damage. As President of the National Slate Association(NSA), John is a leading expert in all aspects of slate roofing.
John’s other certifications include:
- Certified Installer of Ludowici Tile since 2000.Certified Installer of copper roofing and gutters by Copper Development since 1998.
- Certified Installer of Polyfoam Tile installations for Miami/Dade County’s 155 MPH wind-rated tile installations.
- Certfied by Air Vent in the “Principles of Air Ventilation,” “Installation Guidelines,” and “Product Knowledge.”
- Certified Installer for Tile Roofs Institute.
- John has a Bachelor of Science degree from UCLA.