St. John’s College is a private liberal arts college with two campuses, one in Annapolis, Maryland and another in Santa Fe, New Mexico. St. John’s College, originally established as King William’s School, was founded in 1696, before the founding of the United States. In addition, this historic campus is one of the oldest higher learning institutions in the nation, only after Harvard and the College of William & Mary.
Randall Hall was built in 1903 and was designed by T. Henry Randall, the son of Alexander Randall who built 88 State Circle (located across from the Maryland State House in the heart of Annapolis). The building was originally designed to be the college dining hall, kitchen, and hold dormitory rooms and is still used as such today.
The Durable Slate Company completed flashing and gutter replacement as well as slate roofing repairs on the historic building. The flat-seam copper was replaced on the dormers with new 20oz copper. In addition to this, the chimney flashings were also replaced with new 20oz copper flashings. The upper gutter and lower gutter systems were also replaced with new 20oz copper. Buckingham slate was used in the slate repair to match that of the existing roof.