Built in 1895, Station 67, a Japanese and Art Nouveau inspired building, originally operated as a depot for the Toledo and Ohio Central Railroad. In 1911, the railroad tracks were elevated about 20 feet while the street it resides on, Broad Street, was lowered 4 feet to help improve the flow of traffic. These changes ultimately lead to passenger operations being moved to another building within Columbus. Volunteers of America then purchased the building in 1931 and used it as a local headquarters until 2003. It wasn’t until 2007 that local 67 of the International Association of Fire Fighters purchased the building to be used as a reception hall.
Due to the building’s age, a restoration process was inevitable. The Durable Slate Company began the building’s first stage of the restoration process in late 2019. The first stage focused on the roof of the building. During this stage, the original clay roofing tile was removed to install new underlayment on the roof deck and the front entry roof. The original tile was then reinstalled using copper fasteners. In addition to this, new copper valleys, copper wall flashings, and copper gutter liners were installed on the tower roof as well as the lower entry roof to protect the more vulnerable areas of the roof.